Our district is very interested in featuring one of our student artists for this year’s Davidson County Schools holiday card that is shared during the season. While there is not a requirement for every school to participate, the hope is to have one final entry from all of our schools.
In order to select the overall winner and have the card sent to a printer, the final selection must be made by the Superintendent by the end of October.
Dr. Lipe looks forward to seeing each school’s winning entry and sharing the artistic talents of one lucky winner with many others during the holiday season!
- Designs must be original.
- Designs by any student in Davidson County Schools, grades Pre-K through 12 will be accepted.
- Student artwork should be two-dimensional. Any medium is acceptable. The orientation may be portrait or landscape.
- Each school will select their top choice based on their entries with all submissions screened by the visual art teacher.
- Each entry should include identifying information including the student’s name, grade, school, and visual art teacher.
- Designs must be submitted via courier to Keri Johnston, Executive Assistant to the Superintendent by 5:00PM on October 23, 2020. Include the attached student permission form with the winning entry.
- Superintendent of Schools, Dr. Emily Lipe will judge submitted designs. Winners will be notified by October 30, 2020.
- By submitting a design, you are allowing the future unconditional use of your card design(s) by Davidson County Schools.
- The winning design will be framed and re-presented to the student artist!
Questions? Contact James Daugherty, Arts Education Specialist at email@example.com or Ext. 5812